Job title: Commercial Director
Reporting to: Co-founders — Maxine Mackintosh and Louise Sinclair.
Working arrangements: Full time, flexible, working closely with our Community Director.
Overview: An exceptional opportunity has arisen within One HealthTech to help scale the growth and financial sustainability of a grassroots community. This is an exciting new role and is a rare opportunity for someone to develop their career with a volunteer-led organisation who inspire, celebrate, enable and champion diversity in healthtech.
We are looking for an ambitious Commercial Director who is both process and results driven with a proven ability to execute strategies, to lead on the business development and commercial aspects of the organisation.
— — —
One HealthTech (OHT) is a grassroots community that supports and promotes women and other under-represented groups to be future leaders in health innovation.
OHT campaigns for the need and importance for better inclusion of all backgrounds, skill sets and disciplines in healthtech.The community comes from many different sectors and industries and includes healthcare providers, SMEs, corporates, academia and the voluntary. Having started as a small meet-up in London in late 2015, OHT has grown to now have hubs all over the UK, including Wales and Scotland, as well as internationally, in Dublin (Ireland), Stockholm (Sweden) and Melbourne (Australia). All hubs are led by local community builders, passionate about digital health in their region.
OHT is a small but ‘perfectly’ formed small team - currently alongside our Founders, we employ a Community Director and have plans to also add creative and admin support. We have a part-time administrator, not to mention many volunteers to run our hubs and offer to pitch in with ideas and content.
Vital to the ongoing sustainability, deliverables and growth of OHT, is an individual to lead the commercial aspect for the organisation. The role has a high degree of autonomy and requires a confident, entrepreneurial individual experienced in this sector. Working alongside the Community Director and with the founders and advisors of One HealthTech, this individual will be at the heart of an international operation and will be an effective and positive facilitator between the sponsors and OHT in terms of New Business Development, Account Management, Project Management and Finance.
Your key responsibility will be the development of new commercial opportunities for One HealthTech. This is vital to the growth of the community to ensure we can support our members with the right events and activities whilst also showing value to our sponsors and supporters.
This will include planning and coordination of sponsor relationships, leading meetings to discuss commercial planning, writing, development and finalisation of proposals, provision of any feedback reports/sponsor meeting summaries and appropriate follow up; support for other members of the team with overview of individual accounts. Support from the Community Director, our volunteers, advisors and advocates will be available.
Ideally, the candidate will have had some experience in the healthtech space , an established network of contacts to draw on and an understanding of the commercial companies in this sector. This is not vital - we are all about finding the right person, at the right time with the right mindset! Experience in sales and marketing strategies would be highly beneficial, but again not essential.
Role and responsibilities:
- To ensure that sales and marketing strategies are executed so that OHT can deliver on its ambition
- To manage and oversee all commercial aspects of OHT including setting budgets and targets
- Development and execution of sales strategies to facilitate achievement of annual objectives aligned to the company values and approach
- Monitor sales and revenue performance and initiate action if and when necessary
- Develop annual and quarterly plans
- Develop and maintain long term business relationships with key customers and be the number one go to person in OHT for support
- Regular client visits and delivering on corporate strategies and goals
- Ongoing management of existing sponsors to ensure expectations are met and we maintain continued financial support.
- Ideally based in London with up to 20% travel
Skills and experience desired:
- Business development, account management experience
- Experience of selling/positioning events and media services
- Understanding of a sales cycle, pipeline building and closing techniques
- Experience of opening doors and shaping the ‘customer’ thinking
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels
- An understanding of the healthcare technology marketplace
- Ability to work autonomously in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong understanding of, and passion for, health technology
- Experience in working across sectors including NHS, industry and government
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Exposure to an early-stage start-up
For the right individual, this role offers a rare opportunity:
- A competitive basic salary with a strong bonus structure (based on experience)
- Flexible working conditions
- Be a key member of a small, passionate team running a dynamic healthtech community in the UK and increasingly internationally
- Learn more about the latest healthcare, medical and digital healthtech innovations
- Change the current make up and state of health innovation
- Have access to an extensive network of leading healthtech individual at all levels, including start-ups, corporates, clinicians, care providers, ALBs and the media
- Host, chair and speak at events and presentations on appropriate subject matter
- Shape the wider organisation as it grows
How to Apply:
- CV and cover letter (1 page max) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 22 March 2019, 23.59
- Interview: Phone & Face to Face
- Date & Location: March & London
- Start date: ASAP