Come along to the launch of the One Healthtech (OHT) Hub for Wales. Angela Maragna, Managing Director of One Healthtech, will open the event by introducing the concept and vision of OHT to Wales. The very first event will focus on the challenge of data across health and care.
How can we access data? Understand it? Share it? Do good with it?
There is no doubt how important a role data plays in providing the very best care to patients and how vital it is for research. But what more could we be doing? Helen Thomas, Director of Information Services, NHS Wales Informatics Service, will give her take on the recent Statement of Intent from Welsh Government on how we can get the most from health and care data. A panel of speakers from across sectors will be giving us their perspectives on the challenge of data and be answering your questions.
6.30 – 7.00 pm Registration and networking
7.00 – 7.05 pm Welcome and introduction, Anne Marie Cunningham, Associate Medical Director of Primary Care, NHS Wales Informatics Service
7.05 – 7.15 pm Introduction to One HealthTech by Angela Maragna, Managing Director of One Healthtech
7.15 – 7.25 pm Making better use of health and care data for safe, effective and efficient services, Helen Thomas, Director of Information, NHS Wales Informatics Service
7.25 – 7.30 pm Introduction to the panel, Anne Marie Cunningham
7.30 – 8.25 pm Panel Discussion with Q & A. Guest speakers :
- Prof Kerry Hood, Director, Centre for Trials Research, Cardiff University
- Victoria Norman, CEO Signum Health
- Dr Kerry Bailey, Health Lead WePredict
- Polly Thompson, IT Director, Valleys to Coast
- Dr Izabela Spernaes, Mathematical Modelling Unit Lead, Aneurin Bevan Continuous Improvement (ABCi)
- Joanne Jones, Corporate Information Governance Lead, Caerphilly County Council
- Helen Thomas, Director of Information, NHS Wales Informatics Service
8.25 – 9.00 pm Drinks and networking
9.00 pm Close